Azulverde Living Pools ™ consist of two parts: The plant portion, or regeneration zone, which is separated from the swimming area by a wall a few inches below the water’s surface. The regeneration zone where the water is cleansed naturally is about a third to half the size of the swimming portion. The pools have skimmers and pumps that circulate the water through the regeneration zone and back into the swimming area.
The aquatic plants filter out contaminants and use nutrients from the water as food which helps prevent algae. Then rocks, such as granite river rock or haydite, to which friendly bacteria attach, act as biological filters. Beneficial bacteria (micro-organisms and microbes) colonize the rock and help cleanse the water.
Plants: A range of aquatic plants are used — submerged (oxygenators), floating, shallow marginals, deep marginals, bog/marsh and waterside species. Whenever possible, it is best to use indigenous plants. Some examples of typical water plants: cattails, bulrushes, sedges, duckweed and water lilies.
Natural predators such as water striders and dragonflies will come to live in the enrichment area and feast on mosquitoes. If you chose to have a skimmer installed this will keep mosquitoes in check as well.
A hybrid natural pool usually has two circulation pumps. One where water is circulated through the plant and rock filters before being discharged back to the bottom of the pond. The second surface circulation system pulls water through one or two skimmers filtering out floating debris. Water drawn through the skimmers passes through some type of filter system, such as a UV filter and/or a bio-filter—essentially a box filled with bacteria-laden bio-media—before returning to the pool. A waterfall helps with oxygenation.
- Easy to maintain
- Reduces all associated costs including electricity, chemical and equipment replacement
- Prolongs life of all equipment and reduces staining and corrosion on pool surface, fixtures, glass fencing and landscaping
- Power saving when the pool is winterized or not in use
- Excellent filtration and water clarity due to the flocculating process
- Works with all types of pumps and filters
- Improves air quality for indoor pools
- Automatic and user friendly – easy to operate
- Low voltage – lower power consumption – less cost
- Healthy: no harmful chemicals that penetrate the skin and affect your and your family’s wellbeing. Swim in healthy, living water instead!